Sunday, May 3, 2015

piano lessons

My mom can play anything on the piano!  I loved it growing up.  You need to sing for church?  Mom had your back.  Someone is playing for state solo competitions?  She had that one covered too.  Basically it is yet another talents that I failed to learn, so my children will never have that luxury.  I am determined to not have my children suffer the same fate.
We were going to start at the beginning of 1st grade.  My mom recommends waiting until they can read.  But with the craziness of our house having Chads' brother and his family living with us, we held off a bit.  We got started in October.  Being the tight wad that I am, I opted to teach her what little I do know.  In spite of her teacher, she is doing great.  She practices every school morning for 25-30 minutes before the bus comes.  To date, she has almost finished the first set of Alfred's books, and is hoping to be done by the end of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment