Wednesday, June 22, 2011

father's day

What a roller coaster! We started out with breakfast, which if you know us is a pretty big deal. Chad leaves early enough most mornings (including Sundays now) that we usually just stick with cereal. A little preparation and we had German pancakes as a family before Chad headed off to meetings. It was a ward council Sunday, so the rest of us got moving. When it was time to go we had a problem. Keys. That could almost be the biggest problem in our marriage. Chad took his keys and my keys to church. He said when he walked into ward council and saw that I wasn't there, he knew something was wrong. Truth be told, I had to remind myself that it was an accident, and that it was Father's day.
We all made it to church. Aimee sang for the first time in Sacrament meeting. "I'm so glad when daddy comes home!" Truer words were never sung! I'm pretty sure that was Chad's favorite part of the day. Aimee helped me decorate a Daddy cake. It was part joke, part real. It included "flowers" that Chad had used last year on my cake, and bone sprinkles in honor of Orthopedics. Aimee loved making it! We had a great dinner, and Chad got the game Operation from the kids. We enjoyed Skyping our awesome dads, and just enjoyed being together.

Chad is an amazing dad, and my kiddos are some of the luckiest kids in the world to have him. I have never met a man who craves his family more, and they know that. If ever there was a dad who deserved being celebrated it is Aimee, Porter and Pratt's dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment