Tuesday, June 7, 2011

pie eating



Ever since Chad and some of our guy friends did their gallon challenge we have talked of the girls doing some sort of eating contest. Chad thought it would be funny for us to eat smoothies so that we would all get brain freeze. We opted for a less painful contest. I admit that it was my idea. Two summers ago on the fourth of July I was the lone girl in a pie eating contest with several guys who were known big eaters. I won. However, I touched my plate with my hands, and so Chad has always taken pleasure in telling me my win was invalid. I wanted to prove my domination. Several of us bought pies so that the pies would all be equal. We had planned to eat quarters since none of us wanted to ingest an entire cream pies worth of calories (give me a break, I'm a girl, and I have baby weight to loose). Sadly, all the pies except one were still frozen at some level when the time arrived. I wasn't the only one who didn't know they took so long to thaw. We ended up having to carefully cut the one pie that wasn't frozen into eight pieces. There were seven girls who committed to eat. While I felt pretty confident that I would win, I was a little nervous about a couple of my friends. In the end, there really was no contest. I beat them all so completely that I could have tripled my helping and still won! I even licked my plate clean! It was a ton of fun, and defiantly something I would be willing to have a rematch at!

4 comments:

  1. Remember how you and I used to have a smore eating contest, but had to quit everytime because we ran out of loot? Good times--you should make a profession out of this pie eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! We should have a gal reunion and have a pie-eating contest. I have won two competitions against guys before . . . just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome Tosha! I wish I could win a pie-eating contest, but I'm afraid I eat so slow I'd always come in last. Looks like you've had some fun times with friends!

    ReplyDelete