Monday, May 3, 2010

bubble gum


Last night we went to Aimee's first dance recital. It was very exciting. We have been preparing for a while, by doing bits and pieces of the dance at home or even in the car. We went to four Wal-Marts over the last couple of weeks in search of an XXS short sleeved black leotard. Sadly after all of that effort, I still had to settle for an XS that required several pins to make it modest. Yesterday we did everything an hour later than normal so that afternoon nap time would go a little later and prevent grumpy babies. We re-did piggies, and tied in matching ribbons. I knew this would be a night to remember, and it definitely was! I could have posted the video where she actually did do part of the dances but I thought this video summed up the recital rather well all on it's own. I take comfort in knowing that first, Aimee is nearly a whole year younger than everyone in her class. Second, she was not the only delinquent. Third, I have other videos of her at class actually doing the dances. And fourth, this little dance class was only ever meant to be something cute and fun for her to do. I knew as soon as we walked in and saw the balloons that we were in for entertainment! I think there were a few parents who were bugged at the apparent lack of focus, but I think there were even more who were either glad it wasn't their kid, or that just enjoyed a good laugh. I for one was glad that I was holding Porter so that I could hide behind his head and snicker to myself. At least the girl as confidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment