Sunday, February 19, 2017

my favorite birthday


I am one of the lucky people on this earth that gets to live out their dream.  I once had a mom at the pedadontist office that I sub at tell me, upon hearing that I was a full time stay-at-home mom, that she was far too ambitious to just stay home.  I suppose I could have been offended by that. if I thought what I did was as trivial as she did.  But, I don't.  I love it!  And the pomp I got from my five kids, age 7 and younger, on my 32nd birthday was proof to me that there is no where else I would rather be.

 I don't think I could have felt more loved by family!  But Chad planned a date for my birthday to go out, which felt so good at that postpartum time, I was feeling great.  We got a phone call from the babysitter just as we were headed into the restaurant that Porter had just thrown up, and she needed us to come home.  I was bummed, yet I wasn't.  I enjoyed the thoughtfulness of my sweetheart to arrange it, even though life had just happened.  I walked in the door to find that he was actually just facilitating a bigger plan.  My amazing friends had planned a murder mystery dinner surprise party!  They even had a costume that I could comfortably wear laid out on my bed, flapper headband and lipstick included!  I got to spend the night just having fun with some of the best parts about living in Ohio!
 




 I have never enjoyed the roaring 20's more than I did that night after turning 32!


No comments:

Post a Comment