Monday, October 7, 2013

torn tendon

When I found out that I was pregnant this time, I bit the bullet, and joined a gym.  I recovered so much quicker by doing this while pregnant with Pratt.  I admit I had a love/hate relationship with working out.  I hated how much of my day it ate up to go, and all of the pregnancy comments I got each time I went.  I did love the way it made me feel, and "me time" it gave me each day.  I was there on average days a week, doing everything from kickboxing to zumba to strength training.  It was a pretty crushing blow to tear a tendon in my foot at 31 weeks. 
My orthopedic hubby insisted that I go to the doctor to get an official diagnosis.  While that was annoying, I did get fitted with a boot that made it easier to get around and heal faster.  Some awesome friends of mine even sent me a care package with to foot pampering supplies!
By 35 weeks I was able to get back to the gym.  It was amazing how much ground I lost in that time, but I was glad to be able to gut it out to the end, because once again, it paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment