Tuesday, October 15, 2013

girls night

When we found out about the father/son ward camp-out, Chad was excited to take the boys out.  This would be their first activity of this kind.  That also meant that Aimee and I would have an entire evening all to ourselves.  It was too long in the making, I know, but our first girls night was highly anticipated.
As it turned out, it didn't go quite as we planned.  That Friday it poured!  I think some die-hard campers may have still gone, but I didn't think Porter and Pratt (or Chad) were that set on camping that a backyard cookout substitute wouldn't suffice. The bad part is that this interfered with the girls night Aimee had planned for us.  We escaped for a little over an hour before joining the boys for the cook out.  Aimee had requested that we go out for ice cream, and go to the mall.  We skipped the ice cream and went straight to the mall.  I hate the mall.  I hate shopping, and therefore I hate the mall.  I guess that is because I forget to enjoy it the way a five year old girl does.  We went to Fetch to pet puppies, and then to the make-up counters to get our nails painted and try on lip gloss.  The ladies at the counters thought it was the cutest thing they had ever seen.  They were right!  Then with the time we had left we rode the escalators and tried on about 20 pairs of sun glasses, bracelets and scarves.  All this while pretending that we were just getting to know each other (she was much better at pretending this than I was). 
One of my favorite comments of the night was Aimee telling me that she couldn't wait until May was born so that all three of us could do this together!  Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment