Tuesday, August 13, 2013

four big ones

I regret to begin by saying that I don't have great pictures of Porter's big day.  I mostly took video, and still haven't figured out why they won't load.  Aside from that, Porters big day, I think, was a success.  It was nice to have his birthday on a Sunday, and one that Chad had off, so that we could all spend the day together.  And while Sunday birthdays somewhat limit activities, we had no shortage of them that weekend.  Friday night we went to a Springboro city celebration at a park.  They had bounce houses, face painting, cotton candy, snow cones, a gym bus and a climbing wall, all free!  I thought it was pretty considerate of them to put on such a great party for him!  All of the kids had a great time.  Porter also surprised Chad and me by being brave enough to climb the rock wall.  He even made it higher them Aimee! 
 
On Saturday our next door neighbor had a big birthday party.  Porter got to have all the perks of a party (minus the presents I guess), and it was definitely bigger and "cooler" than what I would have come up with.  We were all partied out by Sunday, and just got enjoy a relaxed Sabbath, open a couple of presents and eat lots of cake!  Porter ordered his volcano island cake months ago, and even before the sparklers were lit, I had approval from the birthday boy.
 Porter hangin' with the coolest guy he knows!
 At age four, Porter is just one year away from Kindergarten, but reading like he has already been there, done that.  He likes pretty much anything that Aimee tells him to like, unless it is food.  He is the most finicky eater I have ever met.  Porter loves to try out new words or phrases that he hears.  He also loves nothing more than to be called a gentleman for holding doors for others at Church.  His funny little "isms" keep us entertained!  Porter challenges Chad and me in very different ways than his brother and sister, but his affectionate side helps make it a little easier.  We love our Porter so much, and feel so blessed to have him as part of our eternal family!




No comments:

Post a Comment