Wednesday, August 28, 2013

sycamore trails lessons

I was so disappointed in the swimming lessons that Aimee did earlier in the year.  However, because we have a community pool, and the kids love to go, I felt it was important for safety reasons that the kids have some basic water skills.  Aimee and Porter were just the right ages to get to be in the same class.  Since I was very pregnant, this was a perfect way to let them both have lessons with minimal effort on my part (except for the wrangling Pratt part, but that was a given).
 I had heard that Sycamore Trails, the city pool in Miamisburg, had great lessons.  I heard right.  Instead of a grouchy mid-aged woman for a class of seven kids that just made the kids hang on the side of the pool until their turn to be floated back and forth, it was a class of nine kids with three fun, cute and energetic highschoolers.
 The kids were always engaged and someone was always right there to encourage, and make it exciting.  Even my water shy little Porter had a blast!  Chad was able to go one morning to watch. He saw how Porter being timid in the water earned him extra attention from the teachers and figured he had nailed down how he was going to get dates in the future.  I think both parties enjoyed it!

 I would say the only down side of the whole experience was just that because it is an outdoor pool, it was always just a smidge chilly in the morning.  That made it tough for the kids to want to get wet.  I can't blame them. Plus, their session just happened to a rainy stretch, and lessons were canceled twice, and should have been one other time.  

It was practically torture to Pratt that he didn't get to play too, but now I know that the crew there can handle all three of them next summer while I wrangle May!

No comments:

Post a Comment