Wednesday, July 31, 2013

idaho visitors

The kids and I arrived in Ohio on June 25.  That means it has been just over a year since we have seen anyone there.  Luckily for me, I have figured out the secret to getting visitors from home.  Have a baby!  Truthfully, my family had planned to visit in the spring, but when we found out that May was coming we adjusted the plan so that everyone could see her, and we won't be out to visit that direction for another year.  While I know I wasn't the best host in the world since I had just had a C-section, and I didn't take nearly enough pictures, I am posting some of the highlights of the visit!
 
Uncle Cubby was our designated babysitter while I was in the hospital, and the kids loved the way he can get them up to high in the air!
 
 Aunt Torj also became the baby holder.  If she was downstairs hanging out with the fam, more often than not she was also holding May.  I don't think she minded a bit, and I thought it was pretty sweet.
 For the most part, Grandma and grandpa were in charge of activities for the kids.  And as always, the loved making treats with her!

 
 I had to make my dad smile for this picture.  For some reason he thought a halfie would do.
 With two Priesthood holders from the family in town, we decided we couldn't pass up the chance to be able to have them in May's blessing circle.  With May just 8 days old I wasn't ready to take her to church yet, but got it approved to do it at home.  We had a near fail of the bishopric remembering, but our good friend and second councilor in the bishopric came and helped it happen.  It was a small circle, but we were grateful to be able to do it!

 My mom offered to make May's blessing dress!  This is a task I would never undertake with my novice sewing skills, but of course with my mom doing it, it was gorgeous, and my May looked beautiful in it!

 One of the kids favorite things to do with Grandpa in the morning was to play, for lack of a better name, "trip."  I wish I could have got the video to load!  Basically, the three of them would run at him and either bounce off of him onto the floor, or my dad would swipe their feet out from under them and put them in a pile on top of each other.  It was hilarious to watch!
 Swimming at our HOA pool was a favorite activity.  With improved adult kid ratios the kids had a blast being able to do things I normally limit because I can't help them all at once.  They also tried a few new things like snorkels, and Porter even managed to spend some time in the water.
 This picture throws me off a little because my parents are so tan.  They went to Hawaii before coming to Ohio, and I almost didn't recognize them being so bronzed (at least for them)!

No comments:

Post a Comment