Wednesday, October 5, 2011

7 months old






Pratt had a check-up just last week. I learned that my not-so-little boy is indeed, not so little. He was 19 pounds, and his height was at about the 67th percentile. He may not be a baby that people gawk at because of his size but we are still adjusting to his size. Porter was about 18 and 1/2 pounds at his one year, and Aimee was just barely over 16 pounds. I continue to be amazed that a child can actually follow clothing sizes by month. Right now my little guy is learning to eat. He was not excited about this step. I only wished I had captured a picture that would have said it all.. He is getting much better now and has mastered rice cereal, peas (Chad thinks I am a villain for this), carrot, and his favorite, sweet potatoes. He has also caught up to his brother in terms of hair growth. I now have two little heads to cut every three or so weeks. Pratt continues to be a great sleeper, and waker. By that I mean that he always wakes up happy. In fact he often just wakes up and plays. It isn't crying that gets me in the room to retrieve him, it is his little happy squeals. I only with I knew how long he had been in there before I heard him playing... He is a little rolling machine. Aimee has gotten quite good at pulling him back onto the rug in the living room. Although, he also loves his walker. He is my first kid big enough to actually use it. Aimee and Porter couldn't reach the floor until they were too old to enjoy it. He scoots backward all over the kitchen. Pratt loves everyone, and everyone loves Pratt, although Porter reserves his affection for special occasions or when he feels possessive of the kids outside cooing at him. Pratt makes me baby hungry, and that is saying a lot! But don't worry, that is most definitely not in the plan for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment