Thursday, September 15, 2011

pre-school for aimee



Aimee is a social learner, and that is really why I decided to put her in pre-school. Every time I would try to sit down and work on letters or colors, she shut down and tuned out. This was an effort to make sure she is ready for kindergarten. Several months ago I went and toured the facility. It is actually an old fire station that has since been converted into her pre-school. It is called Catholic Charities Learning Center, but it is not a Catholic school. I asked a lot of questions, and decided that this would give my baby girl a great environment to learn and see what school is all about. She goes three days a week for three hours, and loves it! We missed the whole first week while we were in Idaho, so her first day was actually a field trip to the zoo. Since we go there a lot the exciting thing was getting to ride the bus. She was a little disappointed when that wasn't a normal part of things, but has since learned lot of other things to love. I for one love that she loves it! I am also able to run a few errands on school morning, and get through the grocery store a little quicker. I have decided that while I think it is a good thing, she won't be going to pre-school next year. This year will help her get the jump start she needed, but I miss her so much! I need next year for me, before she starts kindergarten, and I lose having her around as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment