Wednesday, September 14, 2011

grandpa darrell

We have managed to get all three grandparents out to our house in the last six months. Grandma Alice came to help out when Pratt was born. Grandpa Williams came when Chad was ordained, and we guilted my dad into coming by me whining about having to drive 1000 miles with all three of my kiddos alone. I didn't do it alone. My dad made the drive with us, and then stayed a couple of days before he flew home. One of those days was a Sunday, so we just enjoyed a relaxing Sabbath.



On Monday grandpa got so see Aimee go to her first day of pre-school! Then we headed off to the zoo. We went to the jungle, the desert dome, and caught the 3D movie at the IMAX there before it was time to go get my big girl.


After lunch and naps we hit of the zoo a second time so that Aimee could show grandpa some of her favorite things there- the budgies, and the goats. Then we bribed the kids to leave by going for ice cream. I am pretty sure we were entertainment for everyone else at Zesto's. We had ice cream everywhere, but we also had a great time.

The kids played outside for a bit before it was time for dinner and family home evening. Grandpa left the next morning. I think we tuckered him right out in just one big day of play (oh, and a sacrament meeting) but we sure had a lot of fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment