Saturday, April 2, 2011

slowed down

Before Pratt was born my calendar was full! I had things I wanted to be sure got done before one more little body was added to the loading and unloading in van. After March 4th I pretty much left my calendar wide open. My recovery with Aimee and Porter were very different, and I wanted to leave room for that uncertainty. In some ways it has been hard not having things to keep the kiddos and myself busy. Chad doesn't call me Bullet (as in a bulleted list) Girl for nothing. There have also been lots of yuckies going around, and we have been trying to not bring them all home. On the other hand, it has been nice to not feel guilty about wearing my PJ pants after I get out of the shower at least five days a week! It has also made for some nice time to just enjoy working into our new family dynamic. These are some of the pics from the last two weeks of us just taking it one day at a time. Porter has actually started taking an interest in Pratt. He now asks to hold his baby, and even gives him little kisses. Aimee is still very interested in him as well. She is my awesome big helper. She gets me diapers and wipes, throws away the dirty ones, holds Pratt as often as I will let her, and is great to "bink" him when he cries. She is the one that shared her baby with him while he was swinging, and was thrilled when I let her help feed him a bottle. I also included a picture of her fashion sense she must have inherited from her dad. The pic of her on the couch was the outfit she came up with after church last week. Life is good,and we are enjoying every minute!

1 comment:

  1. Your little family is ADORABLE! I LOVE your pictures!

    ReplyDelete