Monday, April 18, 2011

gardening


For this time of year, last weekend was a scorcher here! Chad had originally planned to spend the entire day studying, but couldn't resist a little time out in his garden. Knowing how busy he would be for the next two weeks, he decided to include Aimee and Porter in the project so he could spend some time with them. It was semi-successful. They both made it through round one. By round two, Porter managed to stick with it long enough for me to get a little video, but Aimee had lost all interest. She did, however, enjoy the frog that Chad caught while working in the dirt. Honestly as a kid I hated when my dad forced us all to go help plant the garden, and then followed up by making us weed. Yard work just isn't the out to me that is is to Chad. Either way, I love how he brought the kiddos in on it. Those two adore their daddy, and Chad reciprocates that adoration. He is so in love with his family! I feel so blessed to have such a handsome husband who works so hard to make his family #1, especially when it would be so easy to put us on the back burner. I love this time in our life and sometimes find myself dreading moving on to the next phase. How could life possibly be as wonderful as it is now!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean- now that we're a year away from being done with school I kind of don't want that to come. We have a great life, but can be a whiner sometimes and wish for a BIT more of an income so thank you for this wonderful reminder!

    ReplyDelete