Tuesday, July 5, 2011

porter funnies

My kiddos have been playing hard this summer, as you might be able to tell from this pic of Porter. This little man was leaning against me while I was sitting on the floor. When I got this is how he repositioned himself. He falls asleep about three days a week while eating his lunch. Perhaps this contributes to his squirty size. He doesn't usually get much down before his head is tilted back and his mouth wide open with his eyes cemented shut. It is pretty cute! He has had some other cute moments as of late. I admit Chad asked me to blog one, and I forgot what is was, but here are a couple of others to that had me laughing pretty hard"


1. Porter was sitting at his chair eating lunch. There was an open package of Oreos on the counter, and he asked if he could have a cookie. These were not double stuffed, so earlier I had been taking two cookies and combining them. This left two single chocolate cookie parts. I handed the creamless single chocolate cookie to Porter thinking that this would work out well for me. He picked up the cookie, looked and Chad, and then at me and started to sob. He knew that he had been shafted. It is kind of a bummer when your kids can no longer be fooled.


2. Saturday was a rough morning at our house. Chad and I blubbered all morning as he said goodbye to us for two months. He left that morning to drive to Phoenix where he would be doing a month long externship at the Mayo clinic, and at Banner Good Samaritan Hospital. After he finished that he would head straight for Salt Lake City to do a month long externship at University of Utah, both in Orthopedics. These kiddos adore their daddy, so I wanted to do a lot of fun things after he left to distract the kids about their daddy being gone. That afternoon I took them to a water park. One of my good friends was helping me get my little crew in the door. I took Pratt and the loaded down stroller, she took Aimee hand and carried Porter. While I was at the ticket window trying to dig out the right bills I heard my friend Melanie (aka Aimee's sunbeam teacher "Sister Jakeson") start to laugh and tell Porter to shush. I kept digging. A second later the laughter was getting louder and louder and she just kept telling Porter to be quiet. I got our tickets and moved over to her to find out what was going on. She told me that Porter saw a girl in a bikini. He pointed at her and said "that girl's not modest!" Then he started to look around and saw several others in bikinis. He proceeded to point at each one and one and in a not so quiet voice tell everyone that they were "not modest." Pretty smart two year old if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment