Thursday, July 7, 2011

mahoney park

We had planned to go to the water park as a family before Chad left, but the weather didn't cooperate. Instead I went the day he left. I decided it would be a good distraction from worrying about Chad driving to Phoenix. Luckily for me I had my good friends around to help me. In fact, if you didn't read my last post, you should. It was the highlight of the trip! It made me extra glad to other people I knew around me. Once we got in and unloaded, I got the kids slathered in sunscreen. This was the only thing Pratt fussed about. Then we were off. Aimee and Porter had very different ideas of what would be fun, which was a little tricky at first. Aimee was ready to dive right in and get wet. Porter, as usual was much more cautious, and just wanted to roam on dry ground. After being forced to watch Aimee for a while he finally warmed up to the water, and the two of them had a great time. I only wish I could have got a picture of them going down the frog slide. This turned out to be the main attraction for the two. They did have to lean about taking turns, and not crowding in line, but it eventually sunk in. Pratt was content to just let me hold him on my hip, and be partially covered with a nursing cover to avoid full sun exposure. A couple of times my friends took Aim to do some more adventurous things since Porter and Pratt just weren't up for that, and also sat with Pratt while he slept for a bit so that I could be a fun Mommy. The kids could have stayed all day, and it was great to watch them have so much fun!










No comments:

Post a Comment