Friday, November 12, 2010

gingerbread houses



Every year the Council Bluffs Stake holds a gingerbread display at the Kanesville Tabernacle. Last year we had a little accident and our house never made it to the display. This year I vowed to redeem myself. I will turn in the yellow house in the picture, which while it isn't a masterpeice, I did learn a lot from. Our Primary also decorated gingerbread houses as a primary activity. We will be turning in three very unique houses. We had one house that the girls just couldn't get enough of all the candy gluing freedom they suddenly had! As for our family, we decided to do one just for us. Just before Chad and I were married Chad's mom wanted to start a family tradition of decorating gingerbread houses. Without her there the following years to see it through, the gingerbread thing kinda never happened. However, since we do it to help our stake anyway, we have decided to take on this Williams family tradition. Two years down, and I hope lots and lots to go. Aimee and Porter had a great time with it this year. Mostly Porter just liked that there was a whole lot of candy at his little fingertips, and eventually we had to cut the poor kid off. Aimee on the other hand loved the eating and the decorating! She did 90% of the house we kept, and I think it is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment