Thursday, September 12, 2013

old and new tidbits

I have been doing some reminiscing lately, and found a few photos that don't really warrant their own post, but just the same are worth looking at.
 
In our attempt to keep the kiddos quiet while we watched General Conference this spring, I busted out the stickers.  I provided paper and a box for the kids to go crazy with, but apparently Chad and I make much better canvases.

 We often make a treat on Sundays.  The kiddos wanted to make Rolo cookies, but Chad wasn't in the mood for chocolate.  Instead he tried to make blond Rolo cookies.  I didn't eat any.
 I don't keep many of Aimee's works of art, or "project" papers, but she did this so well, I couldn't resist!
Aimee often tells me I need to take a picture.  She was right about this one. 
This is Pratt "helping" me make dinner.  The reason he has no pants is that he ruined yet another pair of shorts playing out in the dirt/mud.  It is a good thing summer is almost over because he is almost out of shorts he is allowed to wear in public. 
Chad was attempting (successfully) to turn the dirt/mud patch into a rock pad.  Of course he let the kids help, and of course they had an amazing time doing it.  The tubby time water has never been dirtier though.  Luckily, I had the foresight to make them all put on grubbies before getting down to business.
Poor Hobbs was recently de-manned.  Chad spent a lot of time cuddling him.  He had a lot of sympathy for him.  I just really enjoyed that his cone of shame made it impossible for him to get through the back yard fence for a week!  In that time Chad was able to sure up the fence, and I now love Hobbs a lot more that I don't have to chase him.
My old swing was to awkward to move to Dayton.  I sold it before we left with the intention of finding a yard sale one when we needed one next.  I scored and got one from my neighbor, and May loves it, and as a fourth child it is a huge blessing to me!
Sometimes I wish Pratt didn't know how to open this thing.  I would let him play in it all the time!
This picture just shows so well what a little chub my May is!  In fact, my little Jabba the Hut had her 2 month well check today.  She was in the 97% for weight, 75% for head circumference, and 70% for her height.  I love it!
Chad used to spend hours in his beloved garden when we lived in Omaha.  He doesn't have that luxury here.  Instead, he has taken up wood working.  He just built himself a work bench.  Here it is doubling as a changing table.  I love how functional it is!
May is starting to smile, and I was lucky enough to catch one of her pretty little smiles!
I have been pretty lazy with the camera lately.  With life in a new routine, hopefully I will get a little better!

3 comments:

  1. Amiee is cute to scratch out the witches face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of Mom in baby May. Those chubby cheeks are good for kissing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your kids are so cute Tosha!!!

    ReplyDelete