Monday, March 11, 2013

sense of style

One of the best ways to get Porter to learn to do new things is to remind him that Aimee can already do the things I am trying to get him to do.  This works out great for a lot of things.  I'd say my favorite example of this is chores.  My least favorite is having Porter get himself dressed.  I want my babies to learn to be independent, but it is hard for me to let go of my "mom control."  Here are just a few photos of some of the "outfits"  Porter has reported to me in. 
 Now this example is a little unfair, I admit.  He had his face painted at a birthday party, and the clothing that followed was inspired.  However, I have told him to hurry and get dressed so that we can go out, and he has shown up in this same costume.
 Porter was banned from wearing this striped shirt because of a stain on the front.  Easy fix.  Just wear it backwards!  Oh, and those are Aimee's pants that ended up in his closet after Chad helped me with the laundry.  An obvious choice!
This kid cracks me right up!  As a quick little side note to his fashion sense, he also proves he is a real boy by some of his interests.  There are the classics like trains, cars, frogs and bugs.  There is also his new obsession.  He kid can't get enough of volcanoes.  On Valentines Day our ward had the young men watch any kids (nursery age and up) for parents who wanted to have a little date night.  We got lucky and got to take advantage of it.  The first counselor in the bishopric spent a good chunk of the night showing Porter YouTube videos of volcanic eruptions.  Brother Muretore is now one of Porters favorite people!  I love this one of a kind kid!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Tosha! I needed a good laugh. I almost wet my pants (given bladder is now completely squished). Love these kids. Miss them and their parents!!!

    ReplyDelete