Sunday, April 15, 2012

conference weekend bbq's

I love General Conference! I love having the chance to sit down twice a year and listen to the Prophet and other church leaders give the instruction and guidance that my Heavenly Father wants me to hear. It is such a blessing to have revelation for my modern day trials! Growing up we had some great family traditions! Since living in the mid-west we have enjoyed some new traditions. One of my favorites is our conference BBQ's. After the Sunday morning session everyone makes their way outside with sides and treats to share (and with any luck, some Jacobsen smoked meat!). We get the guys to haul in the picnic table and spend the afternoon break eating good food, and enjoying good company. When conference is ready to start we all round up our kids, and bring home our empty plates to enjoy the last session with full tummies! We are going to have to figure out a way to keep this tradition going in our new home!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, your apartment complex brings back a ton of memories. First of all, it totally looks just like our 'Colonial Village" apartment complex- I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same floor plan. But especially having a bunch of student families in the same complex and doing everything together. Those will be sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete