Sunday, January 8, 2012

christmas set up



Last year I had this picture in my head of how magical setting up all the Christmas decorations would be. I think my childhood memories didn't quite reach back to the ages of my kiddos, so when things started getting chaotic, I got frustrated and the image I had of how I thought it would be just didn't happen. This year my expectations were not high. In fact they were pretty low. It worked out because it was a whole lot of fun for all of us. I'm sure it helped that Aimee and Porter were big enough this year to do more than dump everything out of the storage bins. They helped put ornaments up on the tree and set up the nativity. It was the perfect start to the Christmas season.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lesson I've learned too- realize that my kids are very young and expect mostly to find joy and build unity together... You're a great mom

    ReplyDelete