Saturday, March 5, 2011

pratt kevin williams







The guy in the temple told me it was a "military holiday." March "forth." For us it was just awesome! With my kiddos still sleeping in their beds, Chad and I headed to the hospital. After a whole lot of paperwork, pre-op, and waiting, we finally got our new little guy here! Officially, Pratt Kevin Williams weighed in at 7 pounds even, was 18 and 1/4 inches, and has a head full of dark crazy hair! Chad and I agree that it takes a bit before you can usually tell who or even what a baby looks like. This little guy has already changed looks about five time today, so I guess he is no exception! The best part of the whole experience for me was that I wasn't alienated from it all. With both Aimee and Porter I basically got to see them long enough to take a picture, and then spent about 3 hours waiting to be cleared in the recovery room before I got to even hold my baby. Today I didn't miss a thing! All of the measuring and cleaning was done right next to me while I got put back together. Then later I took pictures, was around while Chad made a few phone calls, and got man-handled by a well intended nurse that must have not realized that I have nursed before. I watched Pratt have his first bath, and get his footprints taken. It was amazing. The adrenaline did finally slow down enough to remind me that I had also just had abdominal surgery, and I had a few not so pleasant firsts, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world! This hospital just opened last June, and is the only one in the city that allows a c-section mom to recover with her baby. Such a great choice!
The other huge highlight of the day was having our whole family of five together for the first time. Chad eventually pulled himself away to go home and get the kiddos. He even put Aimee's hair in fresh piggy puffs for the occasion. He arrived back at the hospital about two hours after he left with a flower and candy bar bouquet, one very excited little girl, and one very uninterested little man. I don't think it was the reunion that Chad or I had pictured in our heads, but it was at least memorable. Just moments after the crew got here we were greeted with fresh warm cookies for the whole family. This at least made getting in the door possible for Porter. Aimee on the other hand just wanted to hold her baby. She has been looking forward to this almost as much as Chad and I. I would say the picture of her holding Pratt is one of my favorite of the day! Once the cookies and newness wore off things kind of turned into a circus, and the visit ended up being much shorter than planned. Chad hauled the kiddos back home, and got them to bed. He and I had a final phone call for the evening and we called it a day. It was a really great one though!




6 comments:

  1. Congrats Williams fam! I love the pic with Amy and her baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He is so adorable! And isn't it so fun to watch the siblings? Good luck with this new adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tosh! What a day! That's awesome that your whole little family could visit. When I had Ethan it was during the whole H1N1 scare, so no one over 18 could even come into the hospital. Have you had a C-section everytime? If so you are awesome! I had one with Seth, and I don't know if I could do it again. Good luck with your new little one, and your other 2 as well. Pratt is so handsome already, and I love his name. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! so glad for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! thank you for sharing all of that with us. I'm sorry you got "man handled" by a nurse.... it's funny how they forget to warn you about what they're doing! Tosha you looked AMAZING and how TIME FLIES. Aimee is a bit younger than Kate and now you have three kiddos- you guys are awesome. Those children are so blessed to have you as parents. Congratulations to the whole crew on a handsome addition to your family. We love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! He is a cutie pie and we LOVE his name! This post made me so excited for our next birth day! Thanks for sharing all the details!

    ReplyDelete