Thursday, February 17, 2011

valentines day

The week before Valentine's day was during one of Omaha's "Arctic blasts." Basically this means we were stuck in the house so that we wouldn't loose any fingers or toes due to the sub-zero temperatures. I thought a good way to pass the time would be to let the kiddos help me make some treats for Daddy and the grandparents. They had a great time, for about five minutes. Luckily, those are the minutes I caught on tape. We also learned that our timing turned out just right getting the little valentines to the grandparents. If only all of the plans we made for the actual day had gone that well. Chad had school early that day but I wanted to still do a nice breakfast surprise for him. I got up at 12:30 a.m. and made him some heart shaped struessel cakes that I set out for him and had a few other things in the fridge with a note. I made it to bed at about 2 a.m. and to sleep by 3. It just so happened that this was the first day in our married life that I forgot to flip the alarm switch. I woke Chad up at the time that he had planned to leave for his first day of Orthopedics rotation. Luckily, he had planned on being almost a half hour early just in case things got rolling early, and ended up right on time. Unfortunately, he missed all of the surprises we had for him, except the suckers the kids made. I was so tired the rest of the day that I bagged the rest. Monday really is a terrible day for a that holiday. I'm just glad he knows how much I love him without all of the flowers and hearts. Maybe in a couple of months we will have to surprise him with a clearance valentine's day. Plus, what holiday wouldn't be better in July?

No comments:

Post a Comment