Sunday, October 5, 2014

the big 5!

I think there is something about turning five that changes a kid.  Maybe it is that they know that they are old enough to go to school now?  I don't know.  It just seems to me that there is a switch that flips.  Porter went from an all-about-me little boy, to a what-can-I-do-to-help boy.  He wants to please his parents and show everyone how big he is.
Somehow I can't find the pictures from this transformation day, but is was a happy one!  Porter got to have his first birthday party.  Since he is a summer baby, we went with the play-in-the-water-outside theme.  I gave each kid a squirt gun/bottle and filled up a few buckets of water and let them go to town.  My neighbor lent us a slip ' slide, and we turned on a sprinkler.  Could life get any better!  They had a wonderful time soaking in the Vitamin D!  There were a few water games, some chocolaty cake, and lots of running around screaming!  Porter even got to end his party by going next door for another birthday party!

For his birthday we gave him a fishing pole.  With his birthday money he replaced the remote control car that he got for Christmas.  While I dislike my babies growing up so fast, it was a super happy day for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment