Sunday, June 1, 2014

she is six!

It is hard to watch your kids grow up.  And, I think it is especially hard to watch your oldest. Even though your younger children hit new milestone for themselves, it is on that you have already been a part of with an older child, and one that you have felt more prepared for personally.  Aimee is six! It is awesome for her, and bitter for us.  And I would say especially for her daddy.  With each birthday he mourns the loss of his baby girl, and knows that the days are numbered he will be the big strong man in her life.  While that may seem silly, I think it is also wise. Every older person that I speak to, whether it is a family member or senior citizen at the grocery store will tell you, "they grow up so fast.  Cherish it!"  We are just taking that wise advice!
 
For Aimee's birthday this year you did our traditional date-with-mom-and-dad.  We went to the same place as last year, and even had the same waitress.  Before lunch, however, I took Aimee out for a "free make-over."  We hit up the make-up samples at Kohl's.  She picked out the kinds and colors of make-up, and I put them on.
For her birthday present we gave her a Cinderella dress-up.  As an after thought I gave her an apron and oven mit, but it stole the show!  She now likes to pretend she is a Chef.  I admit I sometimes use this to my advantage.     
We told her she could have a birthday party this year.  She invited her primary class, and out next door neighbor (and her bothers).  I'm not good at the whole "Pinterest theme party" thing, so we played some games, and she picked a cake that she liked.  It worked for her, and it worked for me!



 It was all spread out out over the course of a week, and in many ways felt like an eternal birthday celebration, but she loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment