Tuesday, September 18, 2012

fishing

Chads time with us is pretty limited these days, so when we have time together we try to make the most of it.  I recently told Chad of a park that my friend took the kids and me to.  It had a cute little play ground, picnic tables, and a shallow stream.  The day she took us, I caught 4 little fish with an aquarium net.  I brought one of them home.  From that moment on I knew that the first chance we could get a couple of daylight hours together what our next family activity would be.
As it turns out, I am a better fisherman than Chad!  He only caught one little fishy.  He did however out do me on the crawdads.  Three of those. Me: none.

The kids had a blast!  They loved exploring and getting wet with their dear old dad.  Aimee chased fish up and down the stream, while her little brothers spent most of their time filling up buckets and cups.

Luckily, I had an extra set of clothes for the kids in the van!  It was a good time, and Chad is already looking for another chance to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment