Tuesday, July 20, 2010

battle wounds


As many of you already know, there has been a lot of recovery at the Williams household. I guess it all started with me. Two weeks ago I started feeling like I had the flu. I really didn't think much of it until the next day when my mouth started breaking out in sores. By the next night I had a fever, the chills, nausea, and my mouth covered in sores. I had them on my gums, my lips, cheeks, tongue and even down my throat. I suspected I knew what it was, but living in such close proximity to many aspiring dentist, and current dentists I got a few opinions. The verdict: primary oral herpes. It was painful to talk, eat and even drink water. Friday I went to the doctor because I was also having ear pain. I found out I also had an ear infection. Luckily, I am married to worlds most protective boy. While I wallowed in self-pity, Chad did the laundry and made the meals. Just over a week after it all started I finally started to feel like a real person again. I tried a couple of times to take pictures of the sores in my mouth, but failed. I did get a picture of the beautiful flowers my Primary presidency gave me though!


Once I was back in the game, Aimee and Porter must have taken it as a sign that it was now their turn for a little attention. In two days, Aimee skinned her knees 5 times. She had a few mosquito bites that swelled up into huge lumps. She tore a big hunk of skin off her big toe, and has reopened the toe about three times since. This little girl has gone through nearly an entire box of bandages in one week all by herself (mostly because her Dad is a sucker for her tears and never-ending requests for "dan-daids" even when her knows it won't last more than five minutes) . Last but not least, Aimee ran into the edge of the kitchen table in one of our routine games of chase. She got her first black eye of the summer. All in all, a rough week for her. I have to say though, that since she was on her third or fourth black eye at this time last summer, we are doing alright. Porter man, also managed to get in a few bumps as well. With his walking skills getting better and better, he has also become more adventurous. While scaling our neighbors front steps he slipped and rolled down them. He got a pretty decent scrape across his head. The very next day, while I was sitting on our neighbors porch swing redoing Porters baby book, yes I have to redo the entire thing because it got wet and started to mold, Porter up and decided he was done hanging out with me, and wanted to explore. The next thing I knew he landed head first onto the stone patio that the swing was situated on. He scraped off part of the scab from the day before, and got a nice blue bump just below it. Good times! We have had about half of our neighbors go on vacation so maybe with less partners in crime, we might reduce the numbers of ouchies...

No comments:

Post a Comment